Mon, 23 Aug|
BACKBENDS WORKSHOP: the art of opening up
Make space to feel it all as we explore some juicy deep backbends together
Time & Location
23 Aug 2021, 18:15 – 20:00
Wolverton, 205 Stratford Rd, Wolverton, Milton Keynes MK12 5RL, UK
About the event
Backbends can be an incredible way to build strength and energy in our practice. Our modern lifestyles often mean that we are hunched over and sat down for the majority of our day. This can create tension and shortening in the muscles and tissues around our shoulders, chests and hips, not to mention the effect that this can have on our mood and energy. Throughout this workshop we will be exploring techniques to safely enter and exit these poses with control and hold ourselves in them strongly. This is a workshop designed to help you create space in our body to be less closed off, more open and start to really tap in to those raw feelings as we learn to break wide open and let our heartspace lead.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- An understanding of how the power and strength in your back body can open and energise the front.
- Exploration of how to find length in the spine.
- Discovering the depths and layers of our core.
- Lots of play time to open and stretch through the shoulders, chest and hips
- Lots of time for discussion.
- Play time around peak poses (e.g. dancer, bow, bridge and wheel)
- Time to rest and integrate at the end with some relaxation