This little beaut not only looks good decorated with jewel like fruits, it tastes pretty yummy too. We pretty much scoffed the lot at our sunset mini retreat, so I thought I'd share the recipe with you. I made this with free range eggs from my chickens, but have included an option below to make a vegan alternative.
So, roll up your sleeves and get baking this gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free delight. I just need to work out how to make it calorie free and I think I'll be on to a real winner here!
100g dairy free spread
2 free range eggs*
100g almond meal
55g rice flour
zest of 1 lemon
zest of 1 orange
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
Soft dried apricots
1. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees and grease a loose bottom flan dish with some dairy free spread
2. Whip up the dairy free spread until light and fluffy, then add the eggs gradually one at a time, followed by the honey.
2. Gently fold in the almond meal, rice floor, lemon & orange zest and the baking powder
3. Pour the mixture into the tin and decorate with the soft dried apricots and fresh raspberries
4. Bake in the oven for 30 min. Leave to cool in the tin and serve once fully cooled.
This tart will last for 2-3 days if stored in an air-tight container, our alternatively, just scoff the lot.
Tip: Don't waist the lemon and orange. Slice them into rings and add to a jug of iced water to help you stay hydrated and wash down a little slice of this fruity heaven on a hot summers day.
*to make a vegan alternative, mix one tablespoon of ground linseed (flaxseed) with 3 tablespoons of water and leave to sit for 5 minutes